Tips for Using the PSP
PSP certainly is one of the must have gadgets that has become so popular with gamers due to its flexibility. If you are a gaming freak, this definitely doesn’t only interests you, these pointers should certainly help you consider few things while operating your PSP.
Tips for using the PSP
1. Turn on / Turn off the PSP
When you want to turn off the PSP, you need to push button "Power" upward and keep it pushed for 4 or 5 seconds and then release the button. By doing that way, your PSP is turned off actually. Otherwise, if you just push the button "Power" and release it immediately, you do not turn off the PSP but suspend it (Stand-by mode). If you did not notice the difference before, take it easy, for the PSP in stand-by mode costs little power, and there is no negative influence.
2. Some people say it is intensely inconvenient to put PSPs in trousers pockets when they enjoy music, because buttons are pressed by accident. It is very easy to solve this problem by the lock function of the PSP. Just push the button "Power" to the opposite direction (downward), the keyboard is locked, and conversely, pushing button "Power" back will un-lock the keyboard. Please push button "Power" back (upward) lightly, or you may turn the PSP to the standby mode. Additional, the way of using headphone with remote control to lock / un-lock the PSP is the same as WALKMAN.
3. Why does not "Note" button on the PSP work?
The "Note" button is used to select the sound mode. So, it works only when the headphone is plugged in.
4. Are the headphone controlled with the remote control and buttons on the PSP of the same functions or are they independent?
Generally, they have the same functions. Besides, there is a tip: after locking the PSP with one of them, you need to use the other one to control the PSP. E.g. If you lock the PSP by buttons on it, you can only use headphone to control the PSP then. This function is designed for listening to MP3 music or watching MP4 movies, because when you are enjoying the music and movies, it is more convenient to control the PSP by the headphone.
5. Is it possible to turn off the screen when I am listening to MP3 music?
The answer is simple: Sure it is. Keep the button "Brightness Control" pressed for two seconds or more, the screen is turned off automatically. It saves power when you listen to MP3. Press any key to turn on the screen again.
6. Is there brightness level 4 in the PSP?
Usually, with the battery, the PSP can reach brightness level 3 and the brightness level 4 is available only when the power adaptor is plugged in. the problem is obvious - we can't drag the power cord everywhere. But now, the problem is over. Here is a handy method for keeping the PSP locked on Brightness Level 4. Please follow the steps below:
. Plug in the power cord.
. Adjust the brightness to Level 4.
. Start a UMD game.
When the video of program launch is being played, make sure to unplug the power cord from your PSP when the launch sound effect is over. You will notice that the brightness will not fall back to level 3.
7. How to zoom in / zoom out images by buttons?
When you browse images, keep button "Square" and slide the upward / downward to zoom in / zoom out images. Slide the with button "Square" released, you can change viewing area the of the image
Tips for the battery
1. How long is the battery able to sustain?
The battery can sustain about 4 to 6 hours when play games, and 3 to 5 when watch movies. In standby mode, the battery sustains about 6 to 10 hours.
2. Do I need to charge the battery up more then 12 hours in the prime 3 uses?
It is unnecessary to charge the battery deeply. Unlike the Ni-MH battery, the lithium battery in the PSP does not need deep charging in the first 3 uses.
3. How long does it need to charge the battery up?
It takes about 2 hours and 20 minutes, but it is recommended to charge the battery for extra 20 to 30 minutes to charge the battery up actually.
4. If you play games or watch movies with power adapter for long, you had better get the battery out to extend the life of it.
5. 24 hours after the battery is gotten out, the system will re-initialize and date and time need to be reset. Do not worry about this for it is normal.
About the WiFi
1. The WiFi Switch is on the left side of the PSP. Push upward to turn on and push downward to turn off, and make sure you do not confuse them. For the WiFi function is similar to Bluetooth, you had better to turn it off to save the power after the use.
2. To avoid negative influence to electronic devices and medical devices, please keep the WiFi off when you are on the plane, in the hospital or near the fire alarm.
About the LCD
1. It is recommended to use a piece of LCD protective film to avoid potential damages to the screen.
2. Note: The LCD will be damaged if a static image is displayed for too long.
3. Use soft fabric or paper to clean the LCD, and do not use rough paper, which may scratch the screen.
Convert, store and play movies
1. Generally, PSP supports two video formats: MP4 and AVC. To be played, video files of different formats should be stored in proper folders, which are needed to be created by you. Please refer to the following instruction:
. Create a folder named "100MNV01" under the MP_ROOT folder in the memory stick... This folder is used for storing MP4 videos.
. Create a folder named "100ANV01" under the MP_ROOT folder, and store AVC videos in this folder.
Tips: For the inconvenience of creating folders and transmitting videos to certain folders manually, we recommend you to use Agile PSP Video Manager, which is a freeware for transmitting videos between your PSP and the computer. You can find the download link in the bottom of this article.
How can I convert videos of various formats to PSP compatible videos?
There are many softwares for converting video files to PSP compatible videos. Agile PSP Video Converter is one of the best and easiest. With only 3 steps, you can convert almost all popular video such as AVI, MPEG, WMV, MOV... to PSP rapidly.
- By William Jones